The Amphicar Named Anna
Is it a car? Is it a boat?
Yes, it is both!
Anna the Amphicar is a car that can swim. Driving down Lake Oconee parkway you may see the car on multiple billboards and if you are lucky enough you will see the Anna the Amphicar on the lake.
Kim and Lin have owned this 1960’s Amphicar 700 for three years. Named Anna the Amphicar, Anna is a rare amphibious vehicle that is like something out of a spy movie or cartoon.
Anna the Amphicar is a major fun. The Logan’s enjoy taking the Amphicar out and seeing people’s reactions to it on the lake and at other events. People can’t believe what they see and have never witnessed anything like it. The Amphicar has now become a staple of their business and the Kim and Lin Logan Real Estate brand.
See Anna the Amphicar Making Waves on Lake Oconee and Lake Sinclair
Anna the Amphicar got her name from a young assistant that used to work for Kim and Lin Logan.
- The Amphicar 770 was the first mass-produced amphibious vehicle for consumer and everyday use.
- There were about 3,878 produced in Germany from 1961 to 1968.
- The Amphicar 700 was offered in only four colors: Beach White, Regatta Red, Lagoon Blue and Ford Green.
- The Amphicar has a top speed of 7mph on water and 70mph on land.
- President Lyndon B. Johnson owned an Amphicar.