Are you ready for the Labor Day weekend at Lake Oconee!?
Better yet, do you even know why we celebrate Labor Day? Many people don’t, so while you’re over here checking out our fantastic blog to see what to do for your Labor Day weekend you can also learn a little bit of American history. Created in 1894 as a federal holiday and happening the first Monday in the month of September, Labor Day is just as the name implies – it’s a day to celebrate American workers and what they have done for our country!
Hey, without those workers the Lake wouldn’t be here and we wouldn’t be living this fabulous lifestyle!
Here are some fun things you can do for the upcoming weekend:
- Hellllloooo! This day is dedicated to having fun, relaxing, and NOT working. So what better day than Labor Day, to get out on your boat and cruise around the lake, carrying a tuber or water skier. Get out your jet skis and make some waves! Fire up the grill and cook some juicy burgers. Enjoy the summer sun before it leaves us!
- The Kim and Lin Logan Team will be grilling out at The Pointe in Eagle’s Rest at Cuscowilla on Lake Oconee. Come join us on Saturday from 11:00AM – 3:00PM by boat or by car. We will be showing off the new lots in Eagle’s Rest at Cuscowilla and giving away FREE hot dogs. There will also be a raffle to win cool prizes like gift certificates for local restaurants and shopping, a yeti, and movie tickets!
- The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee – Guests only
Saturday, September 2-5:
The Ritz is holding a family weekend, called “The Kellermans Come to Lake Oconee”, where they host fun activities for children like a Boardwalk Carnival complete with face painting and a character artist and lawn game challenges. For the adults, there will be a family talent show, a BBQ sauce challenge, and a Sangria Stir Off!
Sunday, September 4:
Live music from the band Pop Rox will be on the lakeside lawn playing the best decade hits. The music will be followed by a fireworks show.
For more information, you can contact the Resort Concierge at Reynolds at (706) 467-7130.
- The Farmers Market on the event lawn at Harmony Crossing is still happening every Saturday (including this Saturday) through September. If you have never been, you must go! There are a ton of vendors offering everything from organic fruit and vegetables to pottery and candles. The spouse of one of our very own agents, Gordon Deeds, has a terrific assortment of unique candles and great gifts!
- If you aren’t planning on spending the gorgeous day at the lake and are willing to drive, then you may be interested in a short history lesson and some site seeing. Download the new, FREE audio walking tour app that guides you through the historic district of Madison, Georgia. To download, simply search for “Madison, GA Downtown Tour” in your App Store/Google Play.
No matter what you do, we hope you have a fantastic Labor Day!!!!
– The Kim and Lin Logan Team